Tuesday 8 April 2008

Gallop On The Hills


TBG has found out that Hall Green RGT do a walk at wasley hills on certain sundays ...... jumping jollies it means I have to get up earlier now...sunday is my longest day of rest...ok I know every day is a day of rest for me- I am retired you know.....
Anyhooooooo as soon as we park in the car park i can smell Hound i can hear hound and my Ears are so far up they are touching the clouds...... I am like a coiled spring...........
OMG there are trillions of hounds....I brace my self for the on slaught of bum sniffing , but would you know it, its kinda not too bad when its done my your own kind , i even have a go my self, not sure what I am sniffing for exactly or what I should do when I find what I am sniffing for...but I want to build up my street cred amongst these hounds you know..........
There are sooooooooo many different types, so many different variations of the same breed and shapes and sizes some of the boys are giants...some seem tiny .Some are shy, some not so shy..some talk too much( thats what the owners say.all I hear is whine whine whine................some seem nice, some are fruit loops.Then there are the dogs themselves who like me are all lovelly and very well behaved.
We Greyhounds generally tend to love another and welcome each other :
Wasley walk is great - apart from getting up early.we all walk around the hill together ( about 20-40 of us ) all at different sniffing speed... most humans seem to spend the whole time picking up poop or calling to each other for poop bags or wiping poop off their shoe in that really funny way they do ; its almost like a dance, first they slip in it then they look at their shoe then they look like they are going to vomit then they do that 10 minute wipe wipe check check wipe on da grass dance...( Oh yes the poop is from an irresponsible non greyhound owner who has walked their dog beforehand and not poopascooped) .....
Occasionally a dog will break free and run past us all like something out of chariots of fire whilst we all chant Run Forest Run..Then the humans ruin it all running after the mad dog forming a human chain to try and re leash the offending hound....while the hound runs round them in big circles.
Afterwards the humans all have a cup of tea and we of course have rest while they all natter,,,,then yum yum we get to have sausages.... which some kind soul has thoughfuly prepared......nom nom nom nom.........Twiggs got very excited the first time but was soon put in her place and told to release the sausages they were for the hounds ...greedy pig........... I ate her share.....

No comments: